Tuesday, August 14

31 Days of Spielberg.




Firstly, I'd like to reference everybody to my growing list of blogs that I frequently read/comment on not just because I feel like I need to show some sort of inherent gratitude for the individuals that I am essentially networking with, but these are individuals who allow me to get further traffic to my blog and also provide me with some phenomenal reads when it comes to the film medium--and to other things as well. Furthermore, I'm trying to not to compulsively link every blog that relates to film criticism because I think these users should be recognized by readers of my blog not drowned out among the rest like a bad Oscar reception speech. I'm going to try to promote these blogs through means of a post of sorts whenever I feel like he or she has made an outstanding effort in contribution towards my general enthusiasm for the medium; however, I wish not to ignore their almost daily contributions to their own blog and only suggest that my judgment of the merit of individual posts is about as flawed as my own personal taste in films. Lol. But seriously, my emphasis should be duly noted.






Windmills of My Mind (Damian) has featured a 31-day Spielberg drool festival and I've been reading every post since day 1. Aside for the apparent accomplishment and dedication of the project, the most commendable aspect of his celebration is that his takes is both analytical and highly unpretentious. His writing is accessible for anybody with even a slight interest in film to soak up and thoroughly comprehensive for those who wish to be challenged and moved by his thoughts are effectively welcomed. I've always had a particular penchant against various sorts of personal attachments to film criticism, that the nature of the work is difficult to thinly negotiate without a sense of objective or subjective singularity, but "31 Days of Spielberg" manages to be one of those projects that actually tends to not only forgive its personal accompaniment but rather to entice us with said approach. It's truly infectious, to say the least.

I'd really like to shout out to Tram, Ted, and all the contributors on The House Next Door for putting up with my various antics and allowing me to establish somewhat of a residence here. It was just as difficult as I imagined to go from a fairly recognizable IMDB personality to a complete nobody on these boards but these people have made it possible--along with the IMDB users that continue to frequent my blog: Movie Freak, Emma, Chris, and many others. As I suggested earlier, I'm not trying to segregate anything of any sort here but simply promote an environment of cinematic enthusiasts and individuals who want anything of perceived importance to be heard.


Thanks,

Jeremy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Austintation said...

Hey, very cool t-shirts! How about giving/making me one of my choice and then I'll add you to the blogroll? ;)

BabeDeJour said...

I love how enthusiastic you are about other people's enthusiasm! You act like the wacky professor that everyone loves, it's fantastic.

So, I've been following your blog, not as much as I'd like to (lately thanks to lacking in time/a decent internet connection/knowledge on the films you write about) but I'm keeping updated, and really, the thing I like the most is just how excited you are about it not only as a personal project, but as the possibility of a community, and congrats on that, it's a parallel board... with less spamming? :)

Anyway, the whole "31 Days of Spielberg" thing sounds interesting enough, I'll give that blog a visit, nice move to advertise it.

Keep on the good work!

Anonymous said...

I would run across my campus naked if Vick actually goes to jail.

-Freak